LIBRARY@RECESS & LIBRARY@LUNCH
The Library is open every recess and lunchtime.
T&Cs: If you do choose to come into the Library at recess or lunchtimes, you need to do one of the following:
- read a book/magazine/newspaper
- use a computer to work on your classwork/homework or to print
- do your homework or class work
- borrow a book
- do a jigsaw puzzle
- participate in one of the Library@Lunch activities
Recess - Quiet R&R (Read & Relax). During recess you can read quietly or sit down to do your work. Or you can work on the Library jigsaw. No games can be played at recess.
Lunchtimes - Each day there will be a variety of activities in the Library. Those students who wish to read or work in the Library are also welcome on any day. Take a look at the various activities on offer and just keep an eye on the Library door noticeboard to see what is on each day!
There a number rules if you choose to come into the Library at recess and/or lunchtimes. These rules apply to all and if you are found to be in breach, then you could be asked to leave or be excluded from the Library for a period of time.
- No food or drink (except plain water) is allowed in the Library at any time. This also includes chewing while entering! Just finish off what you are eating outside (remember not in the foyer).
- No mobile phones or other portable electronic devices to be used or seen in the Library. iPads can only be used if you are using them to do your classwork or homework. NOTE: Watching movies, YouTube clips etc. is not allowed as you could be in breach of Copyright regulations. See Ms. Hay if you want more information about Copyright. Your iPad should not be used to play games whilst you are in the Library at any time.
- You need to wait for the yard duty teacher BEFORE you come into the Library. Usually, the yard duty teachers are teaching a class and need a bit of time to get to the library, so you just need to be patient and wait, they will be on their way.
- If you are asked to leave by any teachers or other staff then you must leave the Library and not return during that recess or lunchtime. If you have been asked to leave it is because you have breached the Library rules. There should be no arguments with any teachers or other staff as this could lead to further consequences.
- The area between the shelves, especially in the Non-Fiction area, is NOT a seating or meeting area, so please do not sit or congregate amongst these shelves. There is plenty of seating in the Library for you to sit and read.
- The Library computers are now "Work Only" computers. Movies or Games cannot be played or watched on these computers as well as using the Internet for non-work purposes.
MONDAYS: Study Session + Chess/Checkers/Backgammon Tournament
Time to catch up with your homework or other classwork. Or participate in a chess/checkers/backgammon tournament with your fellow students.
TUESDAYS: Quiet R&R: Read & Relax
A time in the week for a bit of quiet and reflection for those students who want to come and read quietly or do their work. No games during Quiet R&R except if you want to work on the Library jigsaw.
WEDNESDAYS: Homework Help
If you want some help with your homework or classwork, teachers will be available in the Library to help you during this lunchtime. No games are available as this lunchtime it is strictly work (or reading)! Homework Help is on every WEDNESDAY lunchtime in the Library.
Do you like drawing or colouring in? Do you like constructing things or just tinkering with Lego? Or even having a go at a new craft? Then this is the lunchtime activity for you. Come on into the MakerSpacer to get creative!
FRIDAYS: Board game Fest
Crack open the board games and jigsaw puzzles - Old style games rule this day. An electronic free game day!
A number of special events will also be organised at Lunchtimes. Previously the Library has run Library Lovers DayBook Speed Dating, Trivia "nights", Book Week activities, competitions etc. Just keep an eye out for any announcements of when any of these special events will be on via Compass or posters in the Library.
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR THE LIBRARY?
Let Ms. Hay or Mrs. O'Sullivan know what you think of these new activities or if you have any suggestions for any other activities.